The Bubble Nebula

My next target was another that I did last summer, the Bubble Nebula. I imaged it for four nights, but clouds and dew ruined a bit of the data. Overall, I got about 24 hours worth of data. I muddled about considering more nights, but I didn’t think it would be worth it. This is a pretty dim target, and the moon was present almost all night every night. The integration turned out a little noisier than I had hoped, so I went a little aggressive with the denoise for the dark parts of the image.

I also had issues with my primary mirror getting dew on it in the early hours of a couple mornings. The one fan on the back of the mirror is apparently not enough prevention. I’ll have to get creative for something else that won’t add tube currents.