Can you believe it? I got almost an entire clear night to actually image this winter. Well, it dipped down to 9°F last night, and I broke off a little piece of my dome while freezing my fingers off closing up. But I was able to get a little over five hours of data on the Great Nebula in Orion. I usually like to be patient with my projects, but since it’s been three months since my last project, I was eager to take a look at the data. I did full processing on it and couldn’t believe how clean it came out. I guess one night is enough on a target this bright!
I went without a filter on this sequence, just to see how it turns out. I am very happy with the results, and I think I will forego filters for nebulae I do in the future.