It’s been a very long, cloudy winter. I hadn’t even had a chance to use my telescope since early November! We got a few clears nights in the last week, and wouldn’t you know it, I had a bunch of problems with the equipment. My focuser had developed some rust and gotten stuck, and this somehow damaged my focuser motor. I was able to salvage it with another ZWO EAF I had for my widefield setup.
With everything finally in working order again, the night was exceptionally clear. However, it was also very windy, and the seeing was abysmal. To start off, I decided to take some data on the Moon. Here is how bad the seeing was:
I was able to salvage it somewhat by using a nearby star to create a point spread function for deconvolution. The detail is definitely reduced compared to a night with decent seeing.